Dive from San Pedro or Lighthouse Reef (Huracan/Itza) or Both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with your assessment of the Blue Hole. I did it last week. The vis was terrible, and the formations were not that great.

We did it on air. On my Shearwater set to medium, I had two minutes of deco. I'm not sure what my back up VT3 showed as I just wear only in case of a failure of the Shearwater.

I certainly wouldn't do it again.

Yep, the blue hole does kind of eat 2/3 of a day of diving on the Aggressor itineraries. This was one of the cool parts of our recent Itza [1] stay. They have multiple boats so we were able to get 3-4 dives around Lighthouse on the day the new-to-Belize divers went to the Blue hole.

[1]: Trip Report - Itza Resort. March 2022

Yep, the blue hole does kind of eat 2/3 of a day of diving on the Aggressor itineraries. This was one of the cool parts of our recent Itza [1] stay. They have multiple boats so we were able to get 3-4 dives around Lighthouse on the day the new-to-Belize divers went to the Blue hole.

[1]: Trip Report - Itza Resort. March 2022
On the BA IV, we went there early in the morning, 1st boat there. Did the Half Moon Caye land tour and still got in 2 afternoon dives and a night dive. If I ever went again, would not vote for the Blue Hole. Once was enough, or I would not be able to say this :)

San Pedro is a good diving destination, and plenty of life above the Ocean in San Pedro. I have been to few live-a-board, so not in this area. To get most of these, you would make a lot of dives, I would not recommend this to people with 8 dives under the belt. Blue Hole is fantastic, but again. You might not be trained or even certified for a deep dive. There are many other dive spots around Ambergris Cae, and as of last December these are in a good shape.

Back
Top Bottom