Dive from a tall boat - what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a typical west coast dive boat. On the Vision out of Santa Barbara, they have a bow gate that is perhaps twice as high.
I would remove the spool, add benches and a ladder/swim step, compressor and tank racks.Better still, install a hydraulic elevator like God's Pocket has. :)
I am in LOVE ! Don't know how I can resist.

On the TC Explorer the dive prep/storage area is up a short flight of stairs from the dive deck. They open the side exits during the drift dives since they want everyone off together. I'd say it's 5-6' or more.

I did not do a giant stride from there but others on the boat did.

It's where the black windows end about 20' from the stern in this shot

I did quite a few off the sides of the T&C Explorer. My seat was closest to the side exits, which was great when it would get backed up at the stern. Not a bad drop, as long as the crew didn't try to help. I was yanked backwards off balance once.

I am in LOVE ! Don't know how I can resist.
Don’t carry more than 6 if you put on a platform like that. On inspected vessels the CG considers that an elevator and you don’t want to go through that inspection.

But you said it was for your pleasure anyway.

Looks like a typical west coast dive boat. On the Vision out of Santa Barbara, they have a bow gate that is perhaps twice as high.
I would remove the spool, add benches and a ladder/swim step, compressor and tank racks.Better still, install a hydraulic elevator like God's Pocket has. :)

Man I wish some of the boats I dove had one of those, it would make it easier to get my crippled butt back on the boat.

I did not word my question correctly, Getting back on board was my real interest. Was wondering if a rubber boat under gate or removable platform. Guess removable platform and ladder would be best.
Perhaps something like this;
s-l1600.jpg

Commercial Boat Ladder Dive Platform | eBay

Man I wish some of the boats I dove had one of those, it would make it easier to get my crippled butt back on the boat.
Yep, I am thinking a lot about that. It would be easy to build and install on my boat.

Don’t carry more than 6 if you put on a platform like that. On inspected vessels the CG considers that an elevator and you don’t want to go through that inspection.

But you said it was for your pleasure anyway.
Well, plans may have changed. I have an Anchorage Dive Shop interested in working a deal with me and my boat. I am thinking of turning it into a commercial Dive Boat. I could carry a lot of divers. Put a warm cabin on the deck )17ft x 16ft deck) and go have fun.
Would angled ladder be easier that straight up and down ladder?

Back
Top Bottom