Dive Fatality off UK's Welsh Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Newman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Early reports advise that an experienced British diver has perished in open water off the Gower Peninsula on the Welsh Coast.

There are no details, but it can be expected that an accident report will emerge in due course from the British Sub-Aqua Club.

The circumstances seem strange - an experienced diver (and medical practitioner) apparently 'sank very quickly' after entry to the water.

Any other details anyone?

Mike Newman:
Early reports advise that an experienced British diver has perished in open water off the Gower Peninsula on the Welsh Coast.

There are no details, but it can be expected that an accident report will emerge in due course from the British Sub-Aqua Club.

The circumstances seem strange - an experienced diver (and medical practitioner) apparently 'sank very quickly' after entry to the water.

Any other details anyone?

Holy Cow! English divers are having an utterly disasterous year.

I hope we get more details once they find him.

My condolences to friends and family.

R..

"The man disappeared after falling off a boat near Port Eynon on the Gower peninsula on Sunday afternoon.

The diver was wearing breathing apparatus when he went into the water.

A coastguard spokesman said he would have had about 400 minutes (6hr 40min) of air under water. "

Usual high standard of press reporting.
Condolences to the family.
I'm curious to know what happened to such an experienced diver.

Happy to draw this to an end and use String's thread for more information - no hijack intended.

The accident is a bad business, have to feel sorry for the family and the other divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom