Dive doctors north east England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They did advise there was a medical questionnaire on my first visit but that was more a chat asking about the course etc. The second one the guy who was covering the shop when i signed up wasn't allowed to do medicals so I paid for it non the wiser. There is a moutain of small print on the PADI form and I just never assumed that distant medical history would be treated the same way. They weren't pushy at all, I think it was just a genuine situation that had arisen. I am seriously considering asking for a refund and joining the Tyneside 114 club as listed above in any case and I should be able to get money back and use it on some fins etc at the least.

Oh and I will telephone the referees direct today.

Hope it all works out and you get to go diving, with whichever agency.

I run open water BSAC training sessions every month on Loch Fyne, but you would need to get the pool stuff done first.

Regards

We have relatives in Skelmorlie we stay with so might be able to get out there some time :)

Is BSAC pool training then OW dives in a similar format to PADI?

We have relatives in Skelmorlie we stay with so might be able to get out there some time :)

Is BSAC pool training then OW dives in a similar format to PADI?

Maybe we should take this off-line.

But have a read hear about the Ocean Diver course, which includes basic nitrox and some rescue skills.

Regards

Well thanks to the help of others in this thread, I finally managed to get an earlier appointment for 24 August so I should be able to start training on by the end of August.

In case anyone else happens to come across this thread with a similar difficulty, my appointment is with a consulant called Dr Talbot at a hospital in Newcastle. He is the only doctor in the area who doesn't charge (who I can find anyway). HE is on the UKSDMC.

He asks for a donation to his kidney research fund, which is optional (but be nice :) )

Unfortunately I think I am stuck with PADI just now because I have paid and most of the local BSAC groups use pools which are closed for the school holiday. I will definitely be joining one in the new year though when I return from Kenya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom