Dive Data Logger Poll

Do you own a Dive data logger or similar device?

• i have the sensus ultra

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • i have dive computer where i download my profile

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • i wish but sensus ultra is too expensive or the usb cable for my computer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i will own one if it was under $ 80 dollars

• i am not interested

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am curious to know how many of you have this or are willing to have one dive logger..so far sensus ultra is an option but i havent seen anythinge else.

I had a Sensus back when none of the computers out there supported Mac OS X, but now most of them do, and the Sensus was sold. I never had any problems with it.

I have a Suunto Cobra that I upload to my Mac with Divelog, which will be Macdive when I get a new intel Mac in a few months, and it's fine.

I've looked at the Ultra and I might be interested, but the lack of tank pressure recording is a show stopper. No data for SAC rate.
A product like an "Ultra Plus", if it existed, that connected to the spare HP port on my 1st stage, and added tank pressure capture at the same granularity as depth and temp might actually get my interest as a backup logger, but I don't know if that attitude would be widespread enough to be worth productizing.

I really like the resolution of the Sensus, but it's the lack of tank pressure that keeps me from syncing that data with MacDive. I'd really like to see MacDive combine both sets of data. Depth and Temp from Sensus and Psi from the D9. I'm fine with the D9's depth readings actually, but the temperature just doesn't record fine enough.

Also, I notice everyone responding to this thread is using a Mac. I'd say the manufacturers should take notice, but I really like MacDive and don't mind using it at all.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?33nbi2

I always have a Sensus Ultra in a pocket when diving.

If pressed, I'll admit I rarely download the data - I do that from my X1 - but, it's there mostly as a "black box" in case something goes wrong. Most chambers have the software & download cable, plus, it has a text file with all my medical history, insurance info, etc.

All the best, James

Back
Top Bottom