Dive Curaçao Update: Coronavirus on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Dive Curacao:
  • "Private and charter boats can allow up to 50% of the boat’s capacity. Only background music is allowed to be played on boats. (see below for more information)"
Now I know why concerts have been cancelled. The loud music must be a transmission vehicle for SARS-2! Who knew? Or, does loud music weaken our immune systems? Dunno!

I know, just shut-up and listen to our masters, because "the science says!"

cheers,
m
PS: Just proving absurdity by being absurd.
We all know that loud music attracts crowds of the wrong sort. They want Muzak, to drive people away.

We all know that loud music attracts crowds of the wrong sort. They want Muzak, to drive people away.

Ahhh! That's logical. "The science" clearly supports your hypothesis, or is it a theorem?

I'm on the island right now. All cool. It's fairly slow but starting to pickup with more Dutch families coming. Shops are open. Some restaurants have limited hours and/or days. So far I've had to wear mask in the airport and supermarkets. Water is warm, weather of good. Island is open.

Nice report. I will be glad when Sunday is over and we are on island ensconced in our All-West apartment.

vladopdessit, did the Curacao Public Health officials require a wet-signed Covid-19 test document or was yours a standard form? We just got our results back for our trip to Curacao on Sunday, and short of begging and cajoling our Nurse, Np, or PA, we can't seem to get a wet-signed original for the test result. We have the computer generated form with all pertinent information but that is not a true legal document.

What type of ct-PCR test report did you produce at Curacao's Airport?

thanks,
markm

Ahhh! That's logical. "The science" clearly supports your hypothesis, or is it a theorem?

Nice report. I will be glad when Sunday is over and we are on island ensconced in our All-West apartment.

vladopdessit, did the Curacao Public Health officials require a wet-signed Covid-19 test document or was yours a standard form? We just got our results back for our trip to Curacao on Sunday, and short of begging and cajoling our Nurse, Np, or PA, we can't seem to get a wet-signed original for the test result. We have the computer generated form with all pertinent information but that is not a true legal document.

What type of ct-PCR test report did you produce at Curacao's Airport?

thanks,
markm
Waiting with baited breath for the answer, I’m teetering on staying home, the inconsistent info on timing is not inspiring.

Waiting with baited breath for the answer, I’m teetering on staying home, the inconsistent info on timing is not inspiring.

Yeah, having to get three tests in one week is excessive. Especially considering the price. I thought about getting an antibody test performed; however, that helps in the same way the vaccine helped our situation, which was not at all.

My wife is committed; therefore, I am committed. Otherwise we would call the whole thing off.

And now with Fauci's emails being made public, I feel insulted and injured.

cheers,
m

Yeah, having to get three tests in one week is excessive. Especially considering the price. I thought about getting an antibody test performed; however, that helps in the same way the vaccine helped our situation, which was not at all.

My wife is committed; therefore, I am committed. Otherwise we would call the whole thing off.

And now with Fauci's emails being made public, I feel insulted and injured.

cheers,
m
DocumentCloud
hear you go, something to read for yourself rather than let pundits “interpret” them to support an agenda. Should make for an interesting flight.

DocumentCloud
hear you go, something to read for yourself rather than let pundits “interpret” them to support an agenda. Should make for an interesting flight.

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I always read the supporting material. I read lots of SCOTUS cases. I have read many of those emails already. While they are not convictable on their own merits, they do show lots of smoke. As Dr. Rand Paul has stated, we will never know the truth because these organizations will never be opened to a forensic audit with supporting interrogatories and depositions.

So, you believe what your ideology directs you to believe and I will believe the hard evidence when I finally get it, if I get it. Until then, I will remain skeptical.

My gut tells me we have been had. Just my gut, nothing more.

cheers,
m

Good news on the multiple testing cost issue. The 3 day antigen test on Curacao is $20.00 US, each. The US accepts this antigen test for return to the US. So, total cost for antigen tests on Curacao for my wife and I will be $80 US. The appointment process is easy-peasy with lots of time slots available.

All of our documents are in order, printed, and digitally stored.

We are ready for Curacao!

cheers,
markm

The appointment process is easy-peasy with lots of time slots available.
Sorry if I missed this elsewhere on the thread but where did you make the appt on CUR to be tested for your return and you did this in advance of your trip to CUR? Thanks. TK

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere on the thread but where did you make the appt on CUR to be tested for your return and you did this in advance of your trip to CUR? Thanks. TK

tkaelin,

Good question!

I have emailed the least expensive lab for the pre-departure antigen test.

And...still waiting...crickets...they have not responded.

So no, and no, to your questions. We will try to set an appointment when we arrive on Curacao.

We know what we need and where to get it. We just need to formalize the plan; otherwise, we may become permanent guests on Curacao.

I will try to post when we set appointments and I will get/give the pertinent info, like how to set an appointment while still state-side.

Thanks for your previous correspondence; Go-West/All-West may just be our panacea. We have dived with Go West previously and enjoyed the experience. We have done a drive-by scouting mission on All West. Combined with your correspondence we think this may work very well for us.

We are all packed and ready to go. I was able to pack the kitchen sink. I hope the sink looks good on me u/w. We have two ponies, spare o-rings and batteries. That's my Professional Mariner surfacing again...prepared for contingencies--I just love it! I hope the 737 Max can haul all of my sheet without a problem!

cheers,
m

Back
Top Bottom