Dive Curaçao Update: Coronavirus on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin,

Good question!

I have emailed the least expensive lab for the pre-departure antigen test.

And...still waiting...crickets...they have not responded.

So no, and no, to your questions. We will try to set an appointment when we arrive on Curacao.

We know what we need and where to get it. We just need to formalize the plan; otherwise, we may become permanent guests on Curacao.

I will try to post when we set appointments and I will get/give the pertinent info, like how to set an appointment while still state-side.

Thanks for your previous correspondence; Go-West/All-West may just be our panacea. We have dived with Go West previously and enjoyed the experience. We have done a drive-by scouting mission on All West. Combined with your correspondence we think this may work very well for us.

We are all packed and ready to go. I was able to pack the kitchen sink. I hope the sink looks good on me u/w. We have two ponies, spare o-rings and batteries. That's my Professional Mariner surfacing again...prepared for contingencies--I just love it! I hope the 737 Max can haul all of my sheet without a problem!

cheers,
m
It’s my understanding that there are multiple sites on the island, including a trailer at the airport that does the rapid test for $20 US.

It’s my understanding that there are multiple sites on the island, including a trailer at the airport that does the rapid test for $20 US.

That's totally true. I think tkaelin and I were hoping for a one-stop testing facility where we could book both test appointments at the same time.

I usually salt my speech and writings with sarcasm, so please don't think that we are worried about anything.

cheers,
m

That's totally true. I think tkaelin and I were hoping for a one-stop testing facility where we could book both test appointments at the same time.

I usually salt my speech and writings with sarcasm, so please don't think that we are worried about anything.

cheers,
m
No we have the word from our vrbo owner on a close by hotel where we can get the 3rd day test so I’ll check at that time about the return test but the airport is the fallback position. Meeting the travel stuff is a lot more of a pain at this end, if I wasn’t already going to SFO to pick people up today meeting the 72 hour thing would have really been a tough thing to do in the time frame required living in the boondocks.

No we have the word from our vrbo owner on a close by hotel where we can get the 3rd day test so I’ll check at that time about the return test but the airport is the fallback position. Meeting the travel stuff is a lot more of a pain at this end, if I wasn’t already going to SFO to pick people up today meeting the 72 hour thing would have really been a tough thing to do in the time frame required living in the boondocks.

Did you have to go to Modesto to get the ct-PCR test? I am a little shocked you couldn't get it in Sonora. For us, the ct PCR was super easy, but expensive.

Happy travels,
m

Did you have to go to Modesto to get the ct-PCR test? I am a little shocked you couldn't get it in Sonora. For us, the ct PCR was super easy, but expensive.

Happy travels,
m
Not available in Sonora with an acceptable turn around, no rapid test I could find, a lab in Modesto is $399, SFO $90 and flying Monday no testing on Sunday with a fast report anywhere close.

Not available in Sonora with an acceptable turn around, no rapid test I could find, a lab in Modesto is $399, SFO $90 and flying Monday no testing on Sunday with a fast report anywhere close.

HOLLY MOLEY SMOKES!

I thought we's was be'in robbed!!!

For both of us we paid less than you would have paid in Modesto!

The turn-around was about 45 minutes for us and they are open right now. The tech/nurse also told us that the machine was set to the recommended cycle threshold allowed by the CDC guidelines. She explained that depending on cycle threshold, dead C-19 parts could be detected up to 6 months later for a false positive. It does take that long for your body's immune system and antibodies to dispose of the dead parts, even though you have fully recovered from SARS-2.

Again, good luck and happy travels.

m

OK. Before flight to Curacao, we took PCR tests. Printed out the results from the computer. That worked just fine. Make sure you have the electronic immigration form AND PLC form completed with submitted results of PCR. To finish PLC form, you have to make an appointment for 3rd day antigen test. ADC lab charges $20 and takes all major credit cards. We did the 3rd day test. Than, before flying back to US, we took another antigen test at the same ADC lab (appointments are available online) and submitted the results to VeriFLY app that American Airlines uses.

OK. Before flight to Curacao, we took PCR tests. Printed out the results from the computer. That worked just fine. Make sure you have the electronic immigration form AND PLC form completed with submitted results of PCR. To finish PLC form, you have to make an appointment for 3rd day antigen test. ADC lab charges $20 and takes all major credit cards. We did the 3rd day test. Than, before flying back to US, we took another antigen test at the same ADC lab (appointments are available online) and submitted the results to VeriFLY app that American Airlines uses.

We did the same thing. Except, we did our U.S. antigen test as a drop-in at ADC (no appointment).

People who are contemplating a trip to Curacao: Do your homework and have your sheet together when you go to the airport. Be prepared for long lines at the baggage drop as the ticketing agent needs to "read" (not check) your paperwork (coming and going).

Other than those issues, our Curacao trip was a total success and completely worth the extra hassles because of C-19. Remember, Curacao shut-down because their 30 bed hospital was full. People were not dying in the streets. Life is beautiful there. People are happy to see you. The water is warm, clear, and the breathing gas is plentiful, both above the surface and below.

Master your fears and just go!

cheers,
markm
PS: Kill lion fish early, often, and always--because they taste good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom