Dive conditions this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
Dove Breakwater (actually, the Metridium fields) on Saturday. Approx. 15-20 ft. vis in 50 ft. of water. 54F water temp. Looked around the area for approx. 25 minutes before heading back to shore.

On Monday, we dove just west (or South, depending on how you look at it) of Lovers 3. Max depth 43 ft.; had 15 ft vis. at best....But was quite a nice day. Messed with a few fairly large crabs...Kinda surgy, but I like that kind of water.

Anyone else dive this weekend?

My buddy and I did a boat dive on Sunday. We dove east pinnacles and stillwater cove. Vis was better at stillwater 25-30 feet. My buddy dove breakwater on Saturday and said vis was about 20 feet. She said breakwater was a nice dive.

I'm still getting used to my drysuit, my dive sunday was dive #2 & 3 in it. I sank like a rock and am a menace to sea life :( . I'm confident it'll get better though. Conditions were better in the bay than where I did dive #1 - off the Sonoma coast in 10 ft. vis with lots of surge.

I went diving on Saturday...I did one dive at Sewers and the 2nd dive at Coral St. Beach. Sewers wasn't too bad, 15-25 viz, there were 3 harbor seals there, 1 was a curious younger one, another shyer younger one, and 1 fat marma-duke one that just hung out in the distance. The curious one played with us and stayed close the whole time. :D It was always checking out our fins, peeking into my camera lens, and swimming circles around us. I got some great video footage of it. The next time I go there, I'm going to take one fin off underwater to show it to the seal. They are so curious about our fins... wondering if their part of our bodies or how they work. We also saw a big school of blue rockfish swimming through the kelp stalks. I would definitely like to check out Sewers again sometime when the viz is better. It would be worth it to check out the harbor seals again.

Our 2nd dive at Coral St. was okay, very low viz though, maybe 10-15'. It was very weedy and grassy there, with a little kelp. Very shallow too, I think we went at low tide. I got caught up in a fishing line and almost got reeled in, :eek: but I think the guy fishing saw us around the vicinity of his line, and didn't pull. whew... freaked me out a little... We saw some really cool nudis, not sure what kind exactly... really bright neon colors. We also saw a bunch of kelp crabs

did 2 dives off north monastery on saturday, 1 to 61ft, other to 72..visibility was about 15-25 ft..surf was mild for Monastery for first dieve..picked up a lot by time of second dive.got swept around a bit...but i think everyone who dives north monastery has!!! water temp was 52-54..got a big scare..was swimming along looking at this rock...and as ig got closer this huge fish just swam right off the top of it..couldn't even see it till it moved..must have been 2-3feet long..must try and find out what it was!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom