Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2-2011
Little Cayman
Temp 79 down to 110ft
Vis 150
Current 0 knots
Surge light

Every wonder what it is like to dive in your aquarium? Now I know!

Driftwood Art placed at Little Cayman Beach Resort Bar to extend the Swampiness

Attachments

• PICT0298.jpg
    PICT0298.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 193
Driftwood Art placed at Little Cayman Beach Resort Bar to extend the Swampiness
This is awesome! Way to go!

CSSP Sunday 02/13/11
Sunny, Breezy, 70 ish topside.

A 65 minute dive W/ Texdiveguy
water clear on top
sorta snowy and smokey sometimes @ 30 ft
clear in the channel towards to silos.
a tropical and yet still refreshing 43 degrees through out the dive.
:wink:

Spring Lake, San Marcos

Vis, 50'+
Temp, same
Spring Flow, 159cfs

The humps into/out of Ossified Forrest are clear. Lot of algae at the bottom of Riverbed and Catfish Hotel. Large number of salamanders and fountain darters spotted.

Nick said that they were continuing to schedule tour for schools through late August. We have at least 6 more months of diving before demolition begins.

Lake Travis, Windy Point private, Feb 20

Temp: 53-54F
Viz: 7' at 50' depth, 2-5' at <25' depth. Quite a bit better than what I saw at Mansfield Dam a couple weeks ago.
Richard has warm water in the showers if you want to pre-charge your wetsuit. Sure wish I had done that...

Lake Travis - Wreck Alley 28 Feb 2011
We did three dives on this site on the 28th. Viz is still pretty much terrible in the old scuba park - 3-6' with can lights. Out past the ledge in the trees it's a little better until someone dare touch the rope, then it's pretty much game over out there too. Lots of stuff in the water still.
57 surface, 52 at 91'

Paul M. told me the conditions at Windy Pt. Private were similar. Low viz & cold

Night diving...all day long :D

Vis: 60'+ surprisingly good
Temp: same
Spring Flow: 147cfs

The dropping spring flow is really starting to be noticeable in places like Cream of Wheat. Three of us cleaned Catfish Hotel to the point that detailed cleaning is now possible. Not many Fountain Darters but a lot of very large salamanders.

Under the big boulder at the southwest corner of Catfish hotel a decent sized catfish has apparently taken up residence. I have seen him on three of the last four dives in exactly the same place. You need a decent light and have to look a couple of feet behind the sensor package.

March 5, 2011
Winy Point Park
Austin, TX
Viz 15 FT
Temp 52 F
Practicing drills before my Fundies class at Aquarena next week. Gradual drop in temps from 15 - 45 FT. Viz improving with depth, before a layer of muck below platform #6. Shot a bag and did an open ocean ascent. Wind blowing like crazy created significant chop, made donning/doffing my undergarment fuuuuun >_< Think "wind sock!"

SOLO

Outside temperature 70 degrees
Water temperature 57 degrees (4 degrees warmer than last month) :D

visibility 10-15 feet

Dove west of Bob Wentz boat landing

no treasure found, only beer cans and tree stumps .......oh and lots of rocks and one bass 2 feet long

Felt great to dive

Another SOLO dive survivor..

Date: March 12, 2011
Water Temp: 57.4 F @ surface, 55.5 @ 70', 51.3 F @ 100', 49.3 from 130'-151'.
Visibility: Viz was around 5-7' down to about 20 feet, where it expanded out to 15-20' between 20-50 feet.. Past 50 feet it started to decline rapidly. Around 100' it was a max of 5 and once I got on the GTTP line it was 3' to zero.. At 150' I needed to put my X1 fairly close my mask to read it, and with me hovering just above the line my 35w HID barely showed it.. Felt like I was fining in a bowl of milk.

Comments: Glad I didn't bring the scooter! But, glad to finally try out the new 35 HID.. Thanks Lamar English! I love it!

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 182

Back
Top Bottom