Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I've just splashed out and bought myself a dive computer.

When i first qualified my instructor mentioned to us that the best computers to use because they followed the PADI dive tables closest were the Aladdin and Suunto computers.

I took a look at a few models of both types and didnt like the Aladdin range for their massive size. I wanted something compact that did everything I could ever want it to do.

I finally decided it was going to be either a Suunto Vyper or a Suunto Stinger, as both these computers support Air, Nitrox, and have a Free/Guage mode for more technical diving. I eventually decided on the Stinger because it is compact, easy to use (took me 15 minutes to learn all the functions and settings), and I got it at an excellent price ($128 below retail of $641) and also because it came with some bragging rights.

I've made a few dives now and am totally happy with it. It's easy to read underwater, its instructions are easy to follow.

I'm glad I got what I did :)

Definately the Oceanic Data 100!!!!All the way!!!!
I was new to diving and got this one because that is what my sweetie dives with and we thought it would be easy, that way he could look at it underwater and know how it worked and how my numbers were looking, even if I didn't understand entirly. It turned out, I had it down and understood in about 5 minutes! A lot of advanced diver's use this one as well and seem to love it too. I HIGHLY recommend it.

For recreational diving I use a NITEK, its great for air or Nitrox. I bought a second one for my wife. She really likes it too. It's not backlit though but I have a light so....
I know of six or seven others who have one as well no problems reported.

Zman

Anyone ever have any problems with battery compartment leaking after installing a new battery on a Sherwood Wisdom? I have a chronic problem with this. I am about to throw away my computer and get a new one. I would not recommend this computer because of that.

Any other models out there have a problem like this? I want one that will seal up nice and not allow any water in the battery compartment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom