Dive computers of the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You would need 16 sensors, one for each compartment. :popcorn:

Being a bit more serious, I personally need no more information than I'm already getting, just serve it up like my GPS for driving.

Some sweet female voice whispering in my ear: "You're ten minutes into deco, Hon. You best start up now or you'll be sucking a pony to get home..."

I am all for the soothing sweet sounds of a woman telling me it is time to ascend to my safety stop depth.

: paranoid: Now why would Suunto sell a $300 Zoop with compass when they can sell a $300 Zoop and a $100 SK7?
Don't ask me, I wouldn't know why Suunto is able to sell anything cause they are so overpriced. SK7 is actually $150.90 at Amazon. Maybe it is gold-plated?

Don't ask me, I wouldn't know why Suunto is able to sell anything cause they are so overpriced. SK7 is actually $150.90 at Amazon. Maybe it is gold-plated?

Nah, just discontinued. This is fairly common with computer hardware at early stages of "discontinued". Late stages are e.g. NASA scouring fleebay for long-forgotten tape drives.

Nah, just discontinued. This is fairly common with computer hardware at early stages of "discontinued". Late stages are e.g. NASA scouring fleebay for long-forgotten tape drives.
Hmmmm...I thought the opposite is true. For example, I bought my 2nd Intova ISS2000 just for $47 cause it was already discontinued. But maybe Suunto is considered to be a Rolls Royce of scuba gear? The more people pay for their junk the happier they are.

Maybe you can't fit a different compass in your suunto console? -- anyway, I've seen interesting prices on spamazon for all sorts of things... and then there were those $1,500 force fins on fleebay.

Maybe you can't fit a different compass in your suunto console? -- anyway, I've seen interesting prices on spamazon for all sorts of things... and then there were those $1,500 force fins on fleebay.

Those fins are STILL on Fleabay!

:DThey should go very well with the $1,700 BCD.

Never. I shoot with strobes.

:) -- not futzing with wet filters is another feature digital camera brought in.

A major feature of digital is lossless copying. That's not specific to digital cameras, of course. You can make any number of prints off one negative -- until it fades -- but you can't make a copy of the negative without some quality loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom