Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Received the DSX two days ago. I was never able to get past the setup and register. Downloaded the diverlog+ app per the instructions, connected to the DSX and it showed "firmware update available", you cannot bypass this step, firmware downloads and the app crashes, every time. Tried it on iPad and iPhone, no luck. The DSX will not work until you get past this step, just stays stuck with the QR code for the app. Nobody answering the phone at Apeks/Aqualung. Contacted the dive shop I ordered it from and did receive an email form an Apeks rep, I explained everything to him and I never heard back from him.
Needless to say the DSX went back via UPS yesterday with the dive shop paying. Buying another Teric.
Not sure why you would design a dive computer that requires a separate app to work.

p.s. I also had questions about my older Aqualung I550 and called Aqualung a week ago, I was connected to one of their service folks, he had no clue about my problem and directed me to download another dive app off of their website, problem is the I550 does not have bluetooth. One would think he would have known that but he also had no clue about the Apeks Exotec BC I was interested in.

@Rob9876 reports problems and poor service from Ratio. @Hercf16 reports problems and poor service from Apeks and Aqua Lung.

I have had a few problems with my Teric, but Shearwater and Dive-Tronix have supplied the very best customer service I have ever had. It makes a huge difference.

@Rob9876 reports problems and poor service from Ratio. @Hercf16 reports problems and poor service from Apeks and Aqua Lung.

I have had a few problems with my Teric, but Shearwater and Dive-Tronix have supplied the very best customer service I have ever had. It makes a huge difference.
Absolutely makes a huge difference! I was not happy with all of the problems with the iX3M2, but it's actually Ratio's poor customer service response that makes me unlikely to ever purchase a Ratio computer again.

Absolutely makes a huge difference! I was not happy with all of the problems with the iX3M2, but it's actually Ratio's poor customer service response that makes me unlikely to ever purchase a Ratio computer again.

What exactly Ratio didn't do right for you? What was the "poor" customer service response?

What exactly Ratio didn't do right for you? What was the "poor" customer service response?
Hi BoltSnap, I believe that I answered your questions about this in my prior posting in this thread.

Hi BoltSnap, I believe that I answered your questions about this in my prior posting in this thread.
The only "answer" I can find is your stating that Ratio customer service was not very helpful without any specific details at all. You wanted Ratio to get involved in a "refund" request but they referred you to the dealer you bought it from which is standard procedure. You bought it from the dealer not from Ratio. The dealer took back the unit and gave you credit for it no problem. I don't know what else you want them to do.

Ratio customer service was not very helpful, telling me to reset the computer settings (which I already told them I had, even though I had only touched a few basic settings like safetystop depth, Imperial units, time zone). When I asked them to work with my local shop to facilitate a return and refund, Ratio refused help me and put it all on the local shop.

The only "answer" I can find is your stating that Ratio customer service was not very helpful without any specific details at all. You wanted Ratio to get involved in a "refund" request but they referred you to the dealer you bought it from which is standard procedure. You bought it from the dealer not from Ratio. The dealer took back the unit and gave you credit for it no problem. I don't know what else you want them to do.

He said:

Ratio customer service was not very helpful, telling me to reset the computer settings (which I already told them I had, even though I had only touched a few basic settings like safetystop depth, Imperial units, time zone).

So, what they DIDN'T do is actually tell him how to make the dive computer he bought work. Shearwater will do that if you email them about a problem.

They DIDN'T offer to send him a loaner and then send his in for repair while he used the loaner. Shearwater has done that for me and plenty of other people.

They DIDN'T (apparently) offer to just send him a new one (since his was brand new) to replace the unit that was not working right.

Yes, in the end, if he wanted to return it for a refund, he should just go back to where he bought it for that.

But, how bad is the customer support when the customer buys a brand new and not cheap dive computer, it doesn't work right out of the box, and the company gives nothing more than lip service to the customer when the customer reaches out asking for help? And when he asks about returning it for a refund, they just say "okay. Go your dealer" instead of working even harder to solve his problelm so he doesn't WANT to return it for a refund. Sounds pretty poor to me. It's basically like an admission that they know their stuff is junk (or they hire support people who simply are no good at their job).

It sounds like they gave him what we in the U.S. have come to commonly refer to as "cheap, overseas tech support". The type of support that answers the phone and you tell them "my Internet is down" and they tell you to fill out an online form and submit it to request support. "Uhhh, if I could access that form, that would mean my Internet is not down....?"

They gave him the moral equivalent of "try unplugging it and plugging it back in" and then nothing more.

i have the perdix ai, wife has the peregrine. We had to send back the peregrine for repairs, but i have loved the perdix AI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom