Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgkv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently bought a Shearwater wrist computer and I love it, 2 buttons does it all, everything is clearly visible, all the info regarding the dive is available... love it, love it

Hopefully, a statement that no one will argue with :)

I too love my Perdix and Peregrine.

Hopefully, a statement that no one will argue with :)
No such thing on ScubaBoard! :) There are already threads on the forums where some people much prefer the 4 buttons of the Teric to the 2 button models.

Right now I dive with a 1 button computer, so 2 sounds like plenty to me. I'm thinking about getting a Perdix 2 soon.

You should have bought a Ratio dive computer. A much better value with better everything :)

You should have bought a Ratio dive computer. A much better value with better everything :)
I would disagree. Bought a Ratio iX3M2 and returned it -- multiple issues. I loved the idea of a saving money versus Shearwater, but I did not feel I could rely upon that Ratio. I'm going to suck it up and buy a Shearwater now.

What issues?
My Ratio iX3M2 was glitching when I received it, flickering when trying to set Safety Stop Depth in Imperial units (I posted about this issue in another ScubaBoard thread). After contacting Ratio, they advised to update the software to the latest version by downloading the Ration Toolbox to my computer, which I did. I did think it was odd to have a glitch on such a basic function on a computer that had been out for half a year already. But the software update stopped the flickering.

Then when diving normal recreational dives the computer was almost constantly sending multiple types alarms for no reason -- I was not doing anything at all to trigger any kind of alarms. Luckily I was diving with my old Mares computer as a back-up, and it showed no reason for any alarms (again, these were pretty tame recreational dives less than 90 feet on air, never going into deco, I believe only once all trip getting into single-digit NDL time briefly).

After trying to figure out some solution looking at the manual, and finding nothing clear, I decided to reset factory defaults (I had hardly changed anything myself, mainly meters to feet) and this seemed to help some with the alarms, but still did not eliminate the problem. During these alarms I was not able to see all dive data and had to rely upon my backup computer for all of my dives.

Ratio customer service was not very helpful, telling me to reset the computer settings (which I already told them I had, even though I had only touched a few basic settings like safetystop depth, Imperial units, time zone). When I asked them to work with my local shop to facilitate a return and refund, Ratio refused help me and put it all on the local shop.

I'm a simple recreational diver, and it should not be this hard to take the iX3M2 out of the box and do simple recreational dives. Overall a bad product experience and bad customer service experience with the Ratio iX3M2 -- I would not recommend the computer to anyone, and I will likely never buy another Ratio product.

Back
Top Bottom