Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mndolphin

Reaction score
I am looking for my first dive computer and I am not sure what to get
PLZ HELP
Unfortunately, cost is a factor,(3 -4 hundred if possible)
but, I will spend more if that is what it takes. I will be diving mostly cold water (Minnesota)
and will probably eventually dive nitrox. I don't have a pc so, it doesn't need to be something I can back up. I am looking for something understandable. No phd here.
I have looked at an oceanic versa pro (Ihaven't seen anything about that here) maybe theres a reason
I don't know
Let me know what you think.
Thanks

The Suunto Mosquito would be a choice to consider. I like mine alot and it ranges in price from $400 at a shop to cheaper on the net.

Good luck with your choice.

Chad

I agree with ckharlan66.

The mosquito is quite a popular choice amongst sport divers as it is reliable and has everything a sport diver would need in a dive computer. Also, the price is quite reasonable.

UnclePug wasted no time jumping on that one. Hey Uncle tell mndolphin the story of the little scuba brain that could. LOL

And mndolphin as to your question, the VersaPro is a fairly new computer on the market and not many people have purchased one yet. However Oceanic makes a good computer if you are planning doing strictly recreational dives. >>>Arduous<<<

nickjb once bubbled...
The Oceanic got a bit of a slating in 'diver' magazine

OK Nick. I think it just means a write-up but I'd like to avoid a reoccurance of the "rubber" incident. Thanks

Thanks nickjb. That is exactly what I was looking for. Sooo since the versa pro is out any other suggestions?
Is there any other computers that I should be loking at... Evan outside my price range?
I am looking for good equiptment resonably priced. Not the cheapest piece of junk out there>

I'd also recommend the Vyper. It's affordable (under $300 from DiveInn), is easy to wristmount with bungee cord, is easy to use, does Nitrox, and it also has Gauge mode so you can just use it only as a bottom timer/depth gauge as UP suggested if you so choose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom