Dive computer watch advice...Suunto vs. Cressi vs. Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatigre

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be doing my divemaster course and was hoping to get some advice on dive computer watches before I start as I really don't know much about them. I'd like to keep it under or around $250. I have seen a few that I think are decent and wanted to know what you guys thought,

1-Oceanic Veo 100 NX
2-Cressi Leonardo
3-Suunto Zoop

Any others you might recommend? Any websites for online shopping recommended?

Thank you!

Zoop!

On average, how many dives a day do you regularly dive when you dive? What's the average depths you dive when diving multiple dives?

Forget the Leonardo.................... except if you are only diving very far away from the NDL zone. Then it is good value for money. Otherwise, the Leonardo continue to add deco times @ less that 30 feet while others start the degazing face already.

Hollis DG03 is the old Aeris Elite T3 running Buhlman ZHL-16c rather than DSAT. Perfectly good computer, I dive an Oceanic VT3 as my primary, trouble free more than 4 years/400 dives. Oceanic Geo2 is currently available for $299, dual algorithm, you can choose. I dive it as backup along with a SPG

Thanks for your input everyone, I will also have a look at the Oceanic Geo 2...

Anyone know if you can change the battery of the Suunto Zoop on your own, or do you have to send it in to a Suunto dealer?

The zoop wont need a battery, the computer itself will fail before the battery. Of those, I would say the oceanic.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

i use an oceanic geo 2.0 and am really happy with it as an entry dive computer/wrist watch style...and as scubadada mentioned its on offer!! so grab it!!

---------- Post added December 3rd, 2014 at 10:09 AM ----------

also worth mentioning. the oceanic service is excellent !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom