dive computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I found an offer for a Dive Rite Bridge II computer for $150.

It is an older out of production computer and I want to know if
this is a good deal or if I should save my $$$$$.

anybody have experiece with this?

I don't know much about that particular computer but I would ask if it has user replaceable batteries. If not I would pass on it as getting batteries replaced would mean a pain in the ass. If it works and is in good shape it may not be a bad deal. Also, does it handle nitrox? What features does hit have compared to a new computer. There have been some nice features added to new comptuers that make them more useful.

Scott

Thanks Scott - yeah the computer has to be sent in.

screw that - I will save my money.

any computer suggestions for the frugal diver (nitrox compatable) ?

I would look at the Oceanic or Aeris Computers if you get a chance. They are very easy to replace the batteries and are pretty easy to read and are really full of cool features. I use the Aeris Atmos Pro and love it. I have some friends that have the 300G. The Oceanics are nice as well.

Scott

Oceanic Data Plus is a user friendly Nitrox capable computer. Batteries can easily be replaced by the user using a 2 standard watch batteries.

There are newer computers on the market, and you can spend a lot more money, but the Data Plus covers the basics well at a reasonable price.

i would suggest COCHRAN computers, if you don't want/need ari intergrated then i would go with the Commander if you want AI then get the gemini. www.divecochran.com

Narced_1 :jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom