Dive computer logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot really follow your first sentence.

It's a double-negative. That meant exactly what you said: copyleft. GPL is not free as in FreeBSD or Apache licences. It is open source, no "quasi" about it (if anything, it's more like the opposite of quasi).

I am not quite sure about your
Subsurface is GPL 2.0 (except some parts it uses like EXIF parsing which comes with a different open source license) which is quasi by definition open source
myself:
  • are you saying is GPL 2.0 is "seemingly apparently but not really" open source? Does RMS know?
  • or that "other" licenses involved are "partly or almost" open source?
  • or you are using a definition of "quasi" that I am not familiar with?

I meant, the term "Open Source" came up around RMS and the GPL. The "quasi" referred to "by definition".

The other files like the exif parser I mentioned come with other Open Source license, in this case a BSD style license (without strong copyleft).

Ah. I was using the One True Dictionary definition.
(I see I've a "that's" in there that was supposed to be "that". Finger macros I guess... I don't claim to be entirely blameless here.)

Back
Top Bottom