Dive Computer Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lplace

Reaction score
I have finally narrowed down my choices for a dive computer. I am going to get either the Suunto Cobra or the Aeris 500AI. I just can't decide. Can yall give the positive and negative aspects of these computers?

Thanks

Logan

I have a Cobra and am real happy with it. First off I like Air Integrated computers. The display is very easy to read and the main screen tells you alot. It shows the usual: Depth, Max Depth, Dive time, Air pressure, and esimated Air Time remaining or NDL once you get some tissue build-up. The compass is a major plus as well, You can hold it at an almost 45 degree angle without it sticking. Oh yeah, and it looks cool too!

Afraid I've never tried an Aeris or dove with anybody using one so I can't give you a comparison.

Its probably best to get a make similar to any buddies you might dive with to avoid any deco times conflicts. I expect this will be the Suunto.

I recently upgraded to the Suunto Vytec. Like Texass said, it's got all the data you want for your dive right there.

I've seen/handled (but not dove with) the Aeris 500AI and found it to be kinda big and bulky while standing in the store. The Cobras are nice and compact (about the size of your typical gague console).

If we can link up this upcomming weekend, I'll share more info with ya about the Suunto's that I have learned.

I have the 500AI. It's easy to setup and read. It has big numbers which is important to these aging eyes. As noted by TexasMike, it is a bit more bulky with the compass attached but I like the side-ways display. I tossed and turned between these two as well before finally going with the Aeris. Which ever one you pick get the QD.

In case you haven't already read it, here is a link to the ScubaLab review that covers both of your current choices.

http://scubadiving.com/gear/gascomps2/review.shtml

SeaHunt

Back
Top Bottom