Dive Computer for Bonaire for Safety Reasons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually looks like you read nothing BUT the OP. This was mentioned several times in the thread.

I went back through the posts again and I really have not seen the suggestion of a diver carrying redundant dive computers in this thread. Gonna be embarrassing if I missed that twice.

Re-reading my own post I see I could have expounded a bit on my first sentence "...one dive computer per person"

I was trying to make the point that a single dive computer per diver is, really, the low bar when planning for a multi-day dive vacation that has some significant travel expenses associated with it. Diving a single computer is going to ground you for 24 hours, and have you diving tables for the rest of the trip if you have a computer failure.

If the OP buys a computer before the trip, I think renting a 2nd computer might be a nice insurance policy.

At the risk of being Mr. Obvious, remember if you equip yourself with a backup dive computer, it has to go on all your dives with you.

I went back through the posts again and I really have not seen the suggestion of a diver carrying redundant dive computers in this thread. Gonna be embarrassing if I missed that twice.

Re-reading my own post I see I could have expounded a bit on my first sentence "...one dive computer per person"

I was trying to make the point that a single dive computer per diver is, really, the low bar when planning for a multi-day dive vacation that has some significant travel expenses associated with it. Diving a single computer is going to ground you for 24 hours, and have you diving tables for the rest of the trip if you have a computer failure.

If the OP buys a computer before the trip, I think renting a 2nd computer might be a nice insurance policy.

At the risk of being Mr. Obvious, remember if you equip yourself with a backup dive computer, it has to go on all your dives with you.

The OP has 350 Amazon points to get _A_ computer. Getting six is probably not gonna happen...:wink:

As a result of reading this post, I followed up on Scubadada's earlier suggestion and ordered an Aeris 300.Delivered yesterday. at < $200 dollars, I don't care if the company was sold, who needs a warranty.
Great deal for a good quality wrist mount as a back up or primary.

I have an Oceanic Geo, which I hate. Small numbers and difficult to work through the settings and menu.

My go to computer is a Suunto D9, which, IMO, is a great instrument. No problems with it over more than 5 years.

Thanks for the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom