Dive computer as bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike:
I can't find any "bottom timers". Uwatec's website takes you to Scubapro...searching there does not return any "bottom timers".
Uwatec is a subsidiary of Scubapro. They call the product a "Digital Depth Gauge" - it provides real-time data for depth, time, and temperature, but does not do nitrogen loading calculations like a computer would. OMS sells a rebadged version of the same thing.

Here's a pic - click on it and you will be taken to the relevant page on Scubapro's website.

That sensus pro thing sounds like a neat idea if the price is right.

MikeFerrara:
That sensus pro thing sounds like a neat idea if the price is right.
The Sensus Pro (and newer Ultra) are simple data loggers, and do not provide real-time data during the dive. You hook one up to a personal computer or Palm device post-dive, and then you can examine the details of your profile. It's available from ReefNet:

I have one of the older Sensus Pros (which is no longer available), but I rarely use it. I've just never been that interested in examining profile data from a dive.

But it comes in handy when you get lazy and blow off filling out dive info in the wetnotes.

DIR-Atlanta:
The Sensus Pro (and newer Ultra) are simple data loggers, and do not provide real-time data during the dive. You hook one up to a personal computer or Palm device post-dive, and then you can examine the details of your profile. It's available from ReefNet:

I have one of the older Sensus Pros (which is no longer available), but I rarely use it. I've just never been that interested in examining profile data from a dive.

Does anybody make a "digital depth gauge" that shows dive time in minutes and seconds?

Why is this better than using a depth gauge and a watch? Is it because you replace two devices with one or is there some other reason.

ams511:
Why is this better than using a depth gauge and a watch? Is it because you replace two devices with one or is there some other reason.
I find it easier to look at one device for both bits of info. I do use a dive watch as a backup timer. On most of my dives the max depths are known, so there's no real value in carrying a separate backup depth gauge (plus I always have a buddy or two, and can get that info from their depth gauges if necessary).

mark99:
Does anybody make a "digital depth gauge" that shows dive time in minutes and seconds?

I have the Uwatec aladin tec 2g it shows dive time in min. and sec.
Obviously more money than a plain old bottom timer but I didn't get into diving cause it was cheap.
It also has a resetable stopwatch in min. and sec. works great for deco.
This computer also has an avg depth calculation which is readable during the dive which can also be reset during the dive.
It's also fully downloadable.
All in all a great computer.(and of course it has never been out of guage mode since I've owned it)
Your local, join me on a dive I'll let you check it out.

Milo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom