Dive coats for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's all well and good, but it won't help much if there's wind and it's raining &/or you're getting spray from the small boat you're in. Then, you'll want a TruWest (or similar) big, fuzzy and waterproof jacket.

Yeah, I've never been out diving in rain (lightening often scares me inside), but can see the appeal of the TruWest in this case! A good fleece can stand up to wind and some boat spray, but not rain.

I have a parka which I like, but I mostly use a Carhart jacket (with horseblanket lining). Works great, very warm and they come in ladies styles. (Stand up very well to the wear of diving). Just turn sleeves inside out when you get home.

I bought a Dive Gear parka over the summer at a scuba sale and did not get a chance to use it until today (damn Florida summers). Honestly I don't know how I have lived without it. It was not cold out today, in the 70's. Water temp was 68F and there was a strong east wind. Needless to say I was freezing. But then I remembered I packed my dive parka. HEAVEN! I did not have to take my wetsuit off and it kept me nice and toasty. It did a wonderful job of blocking the wind. The only negative I found is the drawstring on the hood does not have a cord-stop, but that is an easy fix with a trip to Walmart. i am also looking at getting a set of chammyz too. I will post once I have gotten those and tested as well.

Back
Top Bottom