Dive clubs around Kansas city?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody know if there's any dive clubs around Kansas city that dive the local lakes? I'm a beginner OW diver and wanting to find a club or a buddie to do some dives and gain some more experience at either beaver or table rock lake this summer.

Thanks,
Eric
I am looking for a buddy to go to Beaver Lake with over the next few weekends if you're interested in buddying up.

Hey, welcome to SB. You can come down to beaver any weekend and join our group. Attendance is fairly small now due to water temps but by May there will be 30-40 or more divers every weekend from all over AR, MO, OK.
Could you advise where to meet up? Looking to come down this coming weekend and dive on Sunday and Monday.

Hello LZM. I sent you a DM about options for meeting up, but here’s the bigger story for anyone interested in visiting:

Last weekend, water temp was 73 at the surface and 50 at 80’. Visibility dropping from earlier in the season to 20’ in most parts of the dive park. Around the corner, left of the boat ramp gets very deep quickly (200’) and vis was better there.

I included a couple pics so you can see the layout. Blue arrows are the best driving route coming from the west. Green is parking and yellow is the dive park, all less than 50’ depth. Red circle next to the dive park is the easiest entry point, but also easy access directly from most parking spaces. Second image shows the larger view including dive shop. Next weekend will be lots of divers, both classes and fun dives. If you just show up, should be easy to find a buddy at the dive park or at the shop. Pretty much all the parking will fill up with divers. We are a friendly lot in Arkansas, just ask around. I hear the dive shop is banking Nitrox now and may still be some rooms for rent. If you want something to do while off gassing, recommend visit to Eureka Springs for lunch or afternoon.

0A1CC72A-5F2D-4B7F-99B4-0B0F30E94C12.jpeg

F432EBF1-4D09-4351-8F30-85B32FD2DEC1.jpeg

Know of any groups planning to be at Beaver Lake this coming weekend? Looking for a dive buddy.
In addition to Curious George, there are usually quite a few divers at the park and have never seen or heard of anyone having a hard time finding a group to tag along with.

DW

I'm from north of KC about 40 min, I would definitely be down for ride sharing / chipping in on gas. I don't mind long drives but the cost of driving 3 or 4 hours for a couple of dives isn't great.

The water level at Stockton is finally coming down some. I got a text a bit ago saying the thermocline is at 30 feet, 5-10 foot vis. Water temp at the surface is 82.

DW

Bumping this up a bit, I'll be in the KC area June 24th for about a week, snooping around for possible dive options.

Bumping this up a bit, I'll be in the KC area June 24th for about a week, snooping around for possible dive options.
The better spots that I am aware of are a few hours South of KC.

Table Rock Lake in Missouri, and Beaver Lake in Arkansas.

There is Bonne Terre mine, if you don't mind spending too much money and don't mind not having a cutting device or light with you.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom