Dive clubs around Kansas city?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Bussinger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anybody know if there's any dive clubs around Kansas city that dive the local lakes? I'm a beginner OW diver and wanting to find a club or a buddie to do some dives and gain some more experience at either beaver or table rock lake this summer.

Thanks,
Eric

Hey, welcome to SB. You can come down to beaver any weekend and join our group. Attendance is fairly small now due to water temps but by May there will be 30-40 or more divers every weekend from all over AR, MO, OK.

Hey, thanks for the offer. I'll wait until it warms up a little to come down and make a weekend of it. Are you guys down there every weekend?

Pretty much every weekend - year round. Lots of 3mm in the summer but we are all in dry suits because the deeper water never warms up.

Does anybody know if there's any dive clubs around Kansas city that dive the local lakes? I'm a beginner OW diver and wanting to find a club or a buddie to do some dives and gain some more experience at either beaver or table rock lake this summer.

Thanks,
Eric

I usually make regular trips to Table Rock and Stockton. Also Beaver at times. Drop me a line, and we will see what we can set up.

DW

Tagging this thread. New diver here in Central MO but I work for a firm in KC so I'm there a couple times a month.

Let me know if you head South.

DW

With weather warming I thought I'd bump this thread for interest in a dive get together. Im looking at the weekend of May 28th being the earliest I could dive.

@Dark Wolf - You'd posted some previous threads in years past, any weekends on your radar in the next 6-8 wks?

@Curious_George - Is your group still at Beaver every weekend? Both Sat and Sun? What time do you start diving?

@MiiisterAnderson

Life got in the way, and I spent a bit of time out of the water. But in the time frame you are looking at, I will likely be hitting Stockton Lake around that time. If you have never been to Stockton, the vis is usually pretty low but is sometimes surprising. It is a great place to work on basic skills and comfort levels. Let me know if you feel like giving it a go.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom