Dive close to Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedogut

Contributor
Reaction score
wow it has been a long time. I'm surpised to still be on the swampers diver's list.
anyhow.

I need a dive site close to houston to get my gear wet before my coz trip in may. i know twin lakes is close. don't feel like driving to huntsville. anyplace else. i live in katy (west houston).

anyone dive twin lakes in the past week or so. what is the water temp right now?

I was out there teaching last Sunday. Surface about 70, 66 on the platforms. Viz was better on the platforms than on the surface. About 8ft on the platforms.

Regards,

firedogut:
wow it has been a long time. I'm surpised to still be on the swampers diver's list.
anyhow.

I need a dive site close to houston to get my gear wet before my coz trip in may. i know twin lakes is close. don't feel like driving to huntsville. anyplace else. i live in katy (west houston).

anyone dive twin lakes in the past week or so. what is the water temp right now?

cudabait, how the heck are you? i hope you are doing all right. we did go to flower gardens last july. had a great time. this year.......we have our own regs now, and computers! yippee. we got our nitrox certification last month. in may we are going on a little one day excursion out into the gulf with Ultra Dive. then in june an eight day vacation. four nights on Saba and four on St. Maarten (just to relax after diving saba, since there are no beaches on saba). our first trip to saba of course, so we are very excited about it. we plan to hike up mt. scenery the first day, then dive dive dive the next couple of days. hope you are doing well. donna

Went to Twin Lakes this last Saturday. First time visitor. Viz was about 8 inches. Temps were what Cudabait said. My buddy didn't have a hood so we didn't venture below 26 feet. It was pretty cold but the viz alone kept us from doing a second dive.

There is a scuba lake southwest of Houston, I have never been there, so can't say much. I think the name is Mammoth lake, its around the Lake Jackson/Clute area. I can't find a link to the page, however it is scheduled to open spring 2007 and they had a booth at seaspace in houston amonth or so ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom