Dive charters in Panama City area- any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the boat operators will run to the Empire Mica. They just won't do it unless there is enough demand. A trip to the Empire Mica from Panama City is a 12 hour trip and will run you $120-$160 bucks per diver typically. Maybe more now that diesel fuel has gone up.

But... I've heard very good thinks about KillFishCharters also.

But most of the PC Beach charters are going to be 4 or 6 hour trips unless someone charters the entire boat. (like a club or dive shop)

BTW... according to the Capt of the Killfish, the Empire Mica got flattened out
by the hurricanes this past fall. so that will also make a decline on trips to her.

I usually dive with divers den, but you have to have a large group to warrent a trip out to the deeper wrecks. The inshore wrecks are not so bad if you've never been on them before. There aren't any nice reefs, more like a desert out there, but depending on the tides you can dive at the jetties at St. Andrews state park. Try to go an hour or so before high tide. You'll see your fair share of sealife. you could always make some time to hit the springs around too, it's about an hour drive to morrison, vortex and a short canoe up to cypress.

i've never dove with killfishcharters, looks like they are our of port st. joe, it's an hour drive from PCB. but it would be worth the drive if you can get a confirmed deep trip!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom