Dive Charter Safety Practices During the Covid Pandemic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to nit-pick but four divers on the main deck but no guidance for divers in the cabin. Will be on a larger boat Monday. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Thinking of my local boat which has a setup very similar to whatever boat is being referred to in the above charter op guidelines: There is little air circulation in the cabin. I've never seen the windows open. I think there are a few fans. Aside from that, the steps up to the pilothouse area can get you some air if the pilothouse windows are open.

I'd prefer to be on the upper deck. No sun shade, but it's nice and breezy. Only 7 allowed up there, per the CG.

Still don't know full procedures on what my local boat will be doing. I'm going on the assumption that rules will be very similar to these. Got a She-P now, so I don't have to use the head to pee. Also won't use the head to change into my base layer as I've done before. I'll wear a workout t-shirt and leggings that can go under my base layer. I'll be diving my doubles so my gear will be already set up and no need to switch tanks between charters. Depending on how warm it is, I may even get halfway into my drysuit at my car before I get on the boat. I'll just add undies tops once I'm on the boat.

I'll advise my buddies diving wet to get halfway into their wetsuits before boarding the boat. I always did that when diving wet.

Depending on how onerous or pain in the arse actually procedures turn out to be, I might just say screw it and dive the lake very little this season. And given my love of diving Great Lakes wrecks, that is saying a lot. I would even possibly skip diving the Hume (my first wreck goal after getting tech certified) this season.

Rinse buckets. :vomit: On our first boat dive during the briefing, I said to myself self, "that's not going to happen" when they discussed the rinse bucket. I was horrified when I saw my husband dip his mask in. I then explained my nursing perspective regarding that communal slop bucket. I'm just glad I never even have to look at one again and wonder what the heck that little floaty thing is.

Back
Top Bottom