Dive Charter recommendations for U-85 Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salmonboy97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend of mine did a lot of diving on the U-85 wreck. His stories from 5 years ago have sparked my interest in doing it.
My question is do you have any recommendations for dive charters?
I know here in FL you dont really get to "call the dive destination" unless you book the majority of the boat so I would like to get a 6 pack if possbile.

We are looking to do this trip around July 09.

Thanks for all your help.

I agree with Ryan that Bill at Outer Banks Dive Center will do the deed for you, I have been out with him on several trips including 1 to the U-85 & have yet to be disappointed. Just make sure that you don't accidentally book with Outer Banks Diving. The names are very close & it has happened before. Using Ryans link should help.
The U-352 is also a good dive as Al mentioned, but I think my dive to the 85 was better, except for head butting a Sandtiger on the 352. The vis was the same on both wrecks so I must have been at the 352 on an off day. The water was warmer on the 352.

If you're doing the U-85, definately Outer Banks Dive Center. Very professional and accommodating group. They certainly treated me right when I was there in October.

Thank you all for the info. I have noticed the SB invade the keys 2009 is also going on in July. I am very torn which to attend.......... Decisions, Decisions.

In what range? 60-70 degrees or???
Keep in mind, I am from Florida..........where the water is seldom below 60!

That time of year the temp should be 65-70, depending on where the currents are going. Most wear a 5 mil plus a hood just in case. If you get cold easy (or are from FL) add a vest under.

I second the above recommendation of Outer Banks Dive Center. Bill, Vince and the crew will show you a good, SAFE time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom