Dive charter recommendation in Honolulu(Waikiki)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taz-diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to Honolulu Feb 16-20 and looking for a good dive charter operation.
Very experienced diver(OWSI) that needs no supervision.

Looking for best value.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:
very experienced divers that need no supervision need no diver charter. everything worth seeing on O'ahu is done from the shore.

Check out,
Leeward (west coast)- Electric Beach, Ke'eau Corner, and Makaha Beach (watch the current at this one)
North Shore (only is the waves are down)- 3 Tables, Sharks Cove, Firehouse, Hale Iwa Trench

PM me for parking and dive locations

Thanks for the advice. I actually prefer shore diving, but I am going to be a single diver and no transportation.

Last edited:
call Aaron's (windward) , Island Divers (Waikiki area dives) or Ocean Concepts (Leeward), generally Leeward is the most consistently divable this time of year.

Another vote for Island Divers. They have good variety in their daily dive schedules and don't rush you if you've still got air. The dives are still DM-guided for the most part, but they give you a fairly long leash.

Unfortunately I haven't done any Oahu shore diving, but I've been there a half dozen times and always boat-dive, on the leeward side most of the charters head out to the nearby wrecks, most of which are close to shore, in the 70-110ft range, and fairly sanitized, but still lots of fun for good-viz resort diving. The common sites by Waikiki are several barges, the YO, Sea Tiger, and San Pedro, and the single seater WWII Corsair fighter. Last time I was there, it was about $80 for a two-tank morning dive. I checked around a few other places and prices were in the $120s. The economy is pretty slow there and it seems prices always fluctuate independent of high/low season.

I've also dove with Waikiki Diving (where I got certified). On the last couple of dives there we had a DM/Instructor off solo diving, I assume he knew his way around. The crew just bid him adieu and trusted him to do his dive and find his way back to the boat (which he did). The main drawback is that they pack smaller AL tanks for the second dive, which tends to be at shallower 30ft reefs used for OW cert dives.

Boat dives AND shore dives are good here....... Meesier, good luck diving the YO257 from shore or the Mahi!

it could be done if the swim, boats, and sub didn't kill you. ha ha
it's been 7 days since we got wet steph is having withdraws and needs to go out lets set something up Gabe!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom