Dive charter for Duane or Bibb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakev01

Reaction score
I am looking for a dive charter to dive on the Duane or The Bibb. It would be nice to find an operator that would let us dive our profile. Not a cattle boat.

Dual Porpoise is really good

scubakev01:
I am looking for a dive charter to dive on the Duane or The Bibb. It would be nice to find an operator that would let us dive our profile. Not a cattle boat.

Ocean Divers, which is located on the property of Marina Del Mar Hotel in Key Largo. You can get a discount at the hotel if you book thru Ocena Divers. Good outfit

Try divercity in Tavernier. they will let you dive your own profiles at least they let us do that last yr. there was only 5 of us on the boat..and that was 4 of us friends..and some other guy that was on there with us. I recommend them.

The folks at the Upper keys dive center were great when we dove with them in both May and August. They have a Newton 46 dive boat and allowed our group to dive our own profiles.

You want a small boat to improve odds that all divers on board are competent. Use the previously mentioned Diver City, Blue Water or, Rainbow Reef Dive Ctr. At Rainbow specify in advance that you want their 6 pack boat. Ask that Tad be your Captain.
In making your reservation with either of these operations, specifiy your dive site and intentions. Each of these operators should deliver.

I have gone out with Divers City a few times. No problem with them.

I also have gone out with Island Ventures: www.islandventure.com a number of times. I prefer them for most of these wrecks as they are located closer. I also like their boat better.

You can do custom trips with either one.

Try Conch Republic in Tavernier. They have Two boats and one is a little six p[ack. These folks will bend over backwards for you. Gary and Brenda will even take you out there and let you empty your tank (so to speak) on either wreck. The Bib if you have never dived it is frequently tough to deal with. It can have a current that will make you want to hold on to the decent line even after you are down there. Her sister ship the Duane is much friendlier. There's also the Eagle which is a nice dive and a pretty large ship.

Moved to Florida section as more appropriate there than general travel. I second Island Ventures, i even enjoyed Florida Keys Dive Centre (in Tavernier), but wasnt impressed with the other operation Tavernier Dive Centre just down the road. I want to get out on a few more boats down there and see some more reefs and visit the old wrecks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom