Dive center open at Blue Hole?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweaver40

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody been to the blue hold lately and know if they actually opened the dive center so there is warm place to go between dives? Chatfield is starting to get chilly and and I suspect I will spending time down near BH soon. The dive center looks so nice they just never seem to finish and open it.

I asked Stella about it a couple of months ago. The AC/Heating system is not working and the city was feuding with the contractor, until it is fixed the building is unusable. No ETA.

My husband was there Saturday and Sunday, Nov 12-13 --- the Bldg is open with a room for warming up between dives. Yeah.
There is heat, tables for classroom stuff, showers, changing rooms, and restrooms open to all divers.

Note: The area was left very messy by some of the groups there this weekend! Trash was left on floor rather that put in one of the trash cans, etc. PLEASE people, clean up after yourselves! There is no cleaning staff right now, so only the City Mgrs office is taking care of the bldg and they said they will shut it down if this behavior continues. So be adults and don't abuse this facility!!!

The dive shop itself is still not open. Stella still does not know where they are putting her or when.

robin

Last edited:
Blue Hole where?

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day!

Was the place trashed by divers? I'm guessing yes and that is a shame.

If this behavior continues, I am sure they will lock it up.

yes, it was divers. There was no one else there all weekend and it was clean when Ron arrived.
example: Someone had thrown a drink cup at the trash can, missed and it splashed all over wall and window, and didn't clean it up.... things like that. Trash was left on the floor (several trash cans are in the room), and floors got pretty messy after a day full of divers (can't do anything about that) so the floors stayed wet and very dirty. The same thing happened with the old building in winter.
Ron was told if this type of thing continues, it will be locked up as no one wants to clean up after rude people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom