Dive caddy - airline carry on solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just ordered a dive caddy gen 1 from a store which has new old stock. They are closing them out for more than 20% off the old price. Send me a pm if you are interested.

i just ordered a dive caddy gen 1 from a store which has new old stock. They are closing them out for more than 20% off the old price. Send me a pm if you are interested.
I was looking at this system, but it states on thier web site video that it will work on domestic flights, where does that leave you with international flights.
I know up here in Canada the size and weight restrictions for carry on would far be exceeded.

I was looking at this system, but it states on thier web site video that it will work on domestic flights, where does that leave you with international flights.
I know up here in Canada the size and weight restrictions for carry on would far be exceeded.

Our packed DiveCaddy systems fit within the IATA carry-on guidelines of 22 in / 56 cm x 18 in / 46 cm x 10 in / 25 cm (albeit quite tightly). Final size depends, of course, on what's packed in it. This is true of the weight as well. In our case, the packed systems weighed an average of about 30 lb / 13.6 Kg, which could exceed weight limits if a 10 Kg cutoff is used. I've never, in over 40 years of flying internationally, had carry-on luggage weighed, but it probably does happen.

There is no way that these dimensions or weights "far exceed" size and weight restrictions. It is entirely possible that they may exceed a given airline's limits by a small amount.

Are you aware of another system that can fit an entire set of dive gear that comes closer to meeting carry-on requirements?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom