Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clouddancerss

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a woman in Arlington Virginia, looking to go through the Basic Open Water Course either here,or in VA Beach, and am looking for a female friend for a dive buddy.I have other interests to pursue too: skydiving, horseback riding, and motorcycling lessons.Anybody interested???? Bisexuals/lesbians ok!

Well if you leave early enough and beat the rush hour traffic it should only take you a few days :D

on a side note....i went diving in Va beach this past weekend to dive and it was the MOST horrible experience I have had diving! We went out with Wreck and Tec Chaters for a 2 tank dive trip. No such luck. we drove 2 1/2 hours out to sea where the crew TRIED to anchor for 15-minutes on "thier" site. Sat around while they allowed one diver to enter the water to "shoot fish". and finally sat around even longer while the dive master putzed around. 40-minutes later we left the dive site without diving because the seas picked up. We headed back in and drove around for 2-3 hours looking for a new site to dive. Finally the captain anchors in 25 feet of muck/water next to Island #2 of the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge. The current was "ripping", waves were at 2ft and visability was less than 1 foot. He informed us that "if we were stupid and swam the wrong way that after a couple of hours he would come look for us in teh Atlantic and he would not be happy." They also told us that if the dive master lost us that we should just continue on. He also told us if we got in the way of the prop while it was running we would have to pay for a new one." The dive master got in the water and immediatly went against the dive plan. This was a total waste of my time. 3 out of 4 divers aborted the dive. The captain had the nerve to still charge $80 per person plus tip! Long story short, aviod Wreck and Tec. It was a BAD experience.

Back
Top Bottom