Dive buddy needed this week - Austin or Dallas areas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA-Jim

Registered
Reaction score
I am an Ohio dive master with a goal to dive in all 50 states. Texas is still an open spot on my checklist.

I will be in Austin on business this week and hope to find a good place to get a dive or two in while there. I have time to dive on Wed evening March 5 or anytime Thu March 6.

Can you give me any suggestions for dive locations or a dive buddy?

Thanks Jim

I am an Ohio dive master with a goal to dive in all 50 states. Texas is still an open spot on my checklist.

I will be in Austin on business this week and hope to find a good place to get a dive or two in while there. I have time to dive on Wed evening March 5 or anytime Thu March 6.

Can you give me any suggestions for dive locations or a dive buddy?

Thanks Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome to TEXAS. I live in Austin and have to work those days sorry.
Austin has Windy Point Dive Park on Lake Travis, a nicely set up place to go dive the lake. There are many more places to dive in Central Texas but if you have not been their I would suggest Windy Point.

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

I've got hundreds of dives at Windy Point Park.

If you decide to go there, you'll enjoy it. You don't have to watch your topside gear and it is a bit basic, but the entry/exit ladders are a great touch.

Windy Point Park

If this were summer time, you would have had 10 buddies by now. There are just a few of us that dive year round. I've got to work Wed & Thur, otherwise I'd join you. The water at Lake Travis is about 58 right now. If you get hooked up with a buddy, I've got some 7mm wetsuits that I rent, so you don't have to haul your here.

Scuba-jim If nothing else works out, PM me by Wed. and we'll make arrangements to go somewhere on Thursday. I've got the day off (actually, I have every day off). Travis would be OK but I have not been there for quite a while, it's cool (<60) and vis is limited. I prefer the San Marcos river if you don't mind shallow & weedy with a fair amount of current. But it is clear & temperate (68 - 70) with lots of stuff. It is about 20 miles south of Austin. Or the Comal which has less current and weeds but is a bit more sanitized.

Let me know and we can do something in TX.

Thanks. I'm up for any location. I"ll reach out to you in the next day or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom