Dive buddies in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pic! What time was it? About 11:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m.? I cain't tell time.

Tom, you dawg...lol.

:D

Roo, are you lurking? :eek:

I haven't dove anywhere in your neck of the woods - yet. There's supposed to be some clear (good vis) lake in Arkansas that's got some awesome one-of-a-kind rock formation. Of course I can't remember the name of the lake, but somebody here will.

Here's some links to a few scuba parks: Athens Scuba park , Clear Springs Scuba Park , Possum Kingdom and Lake Whitney .

Here's some links to online scuba shops:
Leisure Pro , Divers Discount , Dive Inn , Scuba Toys , Unreal Find , Simply Scuba , Dive Booty ,Dive Us ,
5th Demension , COVCI and Halcyon .

Seal?
Hey, you're closer to me than Tony is, about an hour and a half.
it's about a 35-40 minute drive to the other end of T-town, that's where Red Lobster is....hehe
We might just have to make a NE TX section, heck there's at least 5 of us and if I add Art, that's six! LOL.
Had a great dive with Dee and da' Beast this afternoon at TL. Water's down to 75/76 now but the thermo is deeper too.
Celeste, glad to see another NAUI diver added to the ranks!

tony

Mike.....I'm not lurking too much! :wink: Just been busy getting ready for this weekend!!! Am soooooo excited!

The lakes in Arkansas ya'll are talking about might be DeGray, Ouachita (where we're doing openwater), Greeson, Greers Ferry or Maumelle, with the latter two being quite a bit farther north. I hear that most of the Arkansas lakes are supposed to be MUCH clearer than our average Texas lake! I just know that this girl will be COLD on Saturday, even with a wetsuit on (water temp of 64-65 according to the marina)!

Tony--- as for there being more NAUI divers around now, we just graduated 14 in Texarkana so the interest in this area might be growing! Our class was offered through Texarkana College but Scuba Ventures in Shreveport (primarily an SSI shop, I think) supplied us with gear and it is their dive boat we're using this weekend. There isn't a dive shop in Texarkana, though, so I'll have to head south to rent my gear until I purchase my own.

Thanks, too, to everyone for all the information you've given me so far on this site! I can tell I'm going to have a blast!!!!!! :clapping:

That's....chilly. :cold:
Hope you have a great time, once your done you'll be able to get in the "shopping" mode for gear. :D

Tony and Celeste, maybe we all can get together at Red Lobster some weekend before the ice starts. I've never even been through Texarakana, so familiarizing myself with the area is a must do. :)

Hello Celeste. Welcome to the board! When I first got my c-card last June, I didn't have any dive buddies either. Like you, I'm thirtysomething and single, no kids, and none of my friends dive. But since I've started visiting the board, I've met some really cool people. (divers are cool people!) I'm on vacation right now so let me know if you need a buddy any time soon. Good luck tomorrow on your check out dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom