Dive Buddies - Fort Lauderdale/Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NinaK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am new to diving and am looking for diving groups/buddies around Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas. Ideally, I'd love to be in the water every 2 weeks :) For now I only have the open water cert, but will be looking into getting the Nitrox cert sometime soon as well.

I know I can sign up for charters alone, but I think it's more fun when you go with someone you know. So... if you are looking for a dive buddy or can suggest a group to me - please let me know. Also, good dive operators referrals!

Thanks!

Gold Coast, Force-E, and Dixie Divers all have meetup groups for scuba -- and i know with Gold Coast you can can suggest meets as well if you want to dive a particular spot on a particular day. I know i've done a few -- last year's halloween night dive at the graveyard and this sunday at Perry Street in Hollywood. Beach Dives are easier on the wallet and still tons to see.
Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

I dive every 2 weeks weather permitting. Usually on Friday, and usually out of Jupiter (since I'm driving from Orlando). If you are diving the charters around here regularly (especially the jupiter area), you might as well pony up for nitrox now. On the jupiter dives I get 50 minutes per dive, whereas my buddies on air get 25 minutes. If you are paying $60 for the boat trip, you might as well make the most of your time in my opinion. If not Jupiter, I'll hit up Lauderdale by the sea for a shore dive.

I'm actually diving out of Pompano tomorrow afternoon (1:30 dive) if you want to do a last minute meetup.

Like Iluvetheocean already said, Gold coast scuba is a great resource. They dive all the time. It is a very active group.

As far as dive ops go, I've gone with

Capt. SL8R (jupiter)
Jupiter Dive Center (jupiter)
Jim Abernathy Scuba Adventures (palm beach)
South Florida Diving Headquarters (pompano)
Pompano Dive Center (pompano)

Never had issues with any of them, but Capt. SL8R is my operator of choice.

If you prefer Miami send me a pm. I usually dive aquatic explorers or RJs.

Hi Nina,
I am in Miami and just got certified last week. I will probably be doing some dives up in Palm Beach/Jupiter over Labor Day weekend. Before Labor Day I certainly want to get some dives in so let me know what you find out.
Thanks,
Terry

Jupiter/West Palm is a bit far for me (over an hour drive time), so that's why I'm looking around Fort Lauderdale/Miami.

Went with Dixie Divers last weekend, did my first wreck (awesome!).

Let's dive!!

My favorite charter in Fort Lauderdale is Sea Experience...I've been diving with Capt. Bill for 30 years.

Gold Coast is a great recommendation for a club.

Also look into South Florida Divers dive club, we're coming up on our 40th anniversary. Dives every weekend and fantastic social activities and out of town/out of the country trips.

I live right by Dixie divers and always looking for a buddy.

Hi all,

I am new to diving and am looking for diving groups/buddies around Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas. Ideally, I'd love to be in the water every 2 weeks :) For now I only have the open water cert, but will be looking into getting the Nitrox cert sometime soon as well.

I know I can sign up for charters alone, but I think it's more fun when you go with someone you know. So... if you are looking for a dive buddy or can suggest a group to me - please let me know. Also, good dive operators referrals!

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom