Dive Boat suggestions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See if Cocoview will sell you one of theirs, pre set up and the hole in the middle rocks when it's rockin. :)

The BayLiners and SeaRays are simply production boats. They are not particularly suited for big ocean swells and cruising long-term in the Bahamas. Check out the Canaveral dive boats. They are pricey, but hold their value. The 28' is USCG certified for 10 divers and 2 crew. It has built in benchs and tank holders. It has a cuddy cabin that sleeps 2 and a head for dealing with last nights buffet. The transom is open and sports a huge platform. And the hull will outlast any of us on this forum.

That would be a long tow to water from Grand Junction towing a 28 foot diesel inboard. Most people just doing a little diving from their personal boat can make do with a bit less. N

I will agree with the Shamrock. I looked at boats for a while and ended up buying a Shammy form Florida and brought it up to the Great Lakes. The boat is available with a walk around or a pilot. The boat is a 20' but gives the same space as 23' since there is no outboards to worry about. Also Like the inboard as when I am coming back to the boat there are no props in the stern to worry about coming up and down in the waves waiting to cut me open
100_1484.jpg

100_1482.jpg

Do you have some pics of your Shamrock that you could post. They are nice boats. Do you trailer yours?

Unfortunately we had our hard drive crash and the pictures of the boat were not backed up. I guess that I will just have to use the boat more this year so that I can get an over abundance of pictures to make up for the loss

Back
Top Bottom