Dive boat pickup from Palmar condos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janieb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, we will be in Cozumel in April and looking at the Palmar condos. We stayed there once a few years ago and really liked the place although it was a good bit further away from our usual choice (which isn’t available for our dates) Any suggestions on the dock situation for pick ups and drop off? It seems like theres not as much leeway about being able to use docks as there used to be. I don’t mind paying a fee for dock usage for pickup/drop off. Just wondering if you stayed at Palmar or nearby, what’s the best option? (We use a dive operation that will take our gear, but we still don’t want to walk a long way if at all possible). Thanks!

easy - right across from casa del mar - theres even scuba lockers you can use, bring your own lock. And theres no fee, at least as far as the last time I used it in 2017 and 2018. My last 2 trips i was on the south end and it wasnt my choice.

Which condo did you rent, and please post up a review or DM me when you get back. We're about to book one there for October.

Thanks! I think we used Del Mar a couple of times but for some reason we could not use it for every dive. I’m not sure why. I haven’t rented yet, I wish I had saved the info from last time which was probably in 2015 or 2016. I think it was on the 6th floor and it was really nice. Like I say, just a bit further from town. We like El Cantil because of the convenience for stores and restaurants, but thought we would try Palmar again I’ll let you know what we get.

Thanks! I think we used Del Mar a couple of times but for some reason we could not use it for every dive. I’m not sure why. I haven’t rented yet, I wish I had saved the info from last time which was probably in 2015 or 2016. I think it was on the 6th floor and it was really nice. Like I say, just a bit further from town. We like El Cantil because of the convenience for stores and restaurants, but thought we would try Palmar again I’ll let you know what we get.

Yes, I have seen El Cantil, and they are awesome. Pricey, but awesome. I already have my expensive trip booked to TnC Aggressor in August, so I will cut corners in Cozumel and Palmar is very reasonable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom