dive boat on KONA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DENNISDIVES

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm checking out dive boats in Kona and found two I like WANA DIVE KONA and Ocean ECO tours.. Looking for feed back on these two operations or recommendations on others. We'll be a group of 5 or 6.

Dennis

We had a great time with Dive Tek Adventures when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Very knowledgable, professional operation. They found us all sorts of good things. Big boat but not full. I'll definitely use them again.

Steve (Wanna Dive) wasn't around when I was there, but he's on this board and is a super helpful nice guy. I wouldn't hesitate to dive with him.

You can't really go wrong with Kona operators as far as I can tell. It's a competitive business and the bad ones fail fast.

Sufferring from PHD (post-Hawaii depression)...

Aloha,

I'll make a quick clarification on the "wasn't around" comment.... I "wasn't around" as in I was off the island, shut down for 10 days and boat not going out. I believe Humuhumu was aware of this and had no intent of creating a possible confusion with "wasn't around" as in refusing to return phone calls, return e-mails and such.... this does happen in our business and I hopefully will never fall into that pattern.

I'll pass on commenting, other than I think you'll enjoy both Rob's boat or my boat, whoever you choose. Most operators here belive in customer service. There have been some recent scuba boarders on board who've made comments but you may have to dig through threads for a bit.

Hi Dennis,

I can't comment on Ocean ECO tours but I can for WANNA DIVE. As you are a scuba instructor, you will be able to appreciate Steve's professionalism and personal attention.

I was able to dive with WANNA DIVE last fall and had a great time. I look forward to diving with WANNA DIVE again after I move to Hawai'i. (if they ever get the inter-island shuttle running.)

I know, I sound like an advertisement but I truly went out with Steve and I truly had a good time! After I move to Oahu, I will still encourage divers to try WANNA DIVE for small boat fun and a nice experience.

Chris

They are all pretty damn good. We hear few complaints. Don't forget to check out the black water dives. Couple of threads with pics posted here.

I dove with Konaquatica a few weeks ago and had a great time diving with them. I brought my rebreather, and my wife had a great time on open circuit.

friscuba:
Aloha,

I'll make a quick clarification on the "wasn't around" comment.... I "wasn't around" as in I was off the island, shut down for 10 days and boat not going out. I believe Humuhumu was aware of this and had no intent of creating a possible confusion with "wasn't around" as in refusing to return phone calls, return e-mails and such.... this does happen in our business and I hopefully will never fall into that pattern.

Oops! I sure hope there wasn't any confusion. The reality was that we had a long day of lots of dives planned and Steve was first on the list because he's always been so helpful here, he's very knowledgable about the dives we wanted to do, was flexible and open to our plan, and he was by far the most responsive operator I contacted. Turns out he was on vacation that week, so I had to go with someone else. Steve was also very helpful recommending other ops who could help us out. He went above and beyond.

In the end, Dive Tek worked out and was great, but I definitely plan to make a point of going out on Steve's boat on a future trip to the island. Sorry again if there was any confusion. Steve is always extremely responsive and helpful, unlike some ops who literally never got back to me after several attempts.

Aloha!

Gregg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom