Dive Boat Fire Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing....living here and not hearing about this until I log onto SB....

How in the world did they get 22 people on that boat? It doesn't look large enough for that many people to stand, let alone dive or live.

They should have quickly grabbed their gear so they could dive a virgin wreck.

Steve

That happened to the divers off of the Captain Crunch in Key Largo back in the early 80's. Came back to the boat at the end of the dive only to find it on the bottom.

How in the world did they get 22 people on that boat? It doesn't look large enough for that many people to stand, let alone dive or live.
No rules, mon - guidelines. No Coast Guard, protect yourself.

It was not a liveaboard, tho - was it?

It was not a liveaboard, tho - was it?

Probably my bad. Skimmed the OP quickly and somehow jumped to the conclusion that "three days into the trip" meant liveaboard. Rereading things, there doesn't really seem to be anything to back this up.

I believe that's a DivePro 48. There's a few of them here in Belize...one less now. They're twin engine, diesel, jet drives and can go in very shallow water. I've been on one that used to be in Placencia and there's a lot of deck space.

I thought I saw something about Amigos Del Mar- Does anyone know if it was from Amigos (in Ambergeris Caye) and if it was, was it the Miss Mel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom