Dive Boat - Enzo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nirtak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I will be traveling to Oahu in late August for some diving. I like to do research (and sometimes confuse myself) before diving an area. A guy from our local dive shop in Alabama was in Hawaii on active duty (about 1 1/2 years ago) and offer his advice on operators to dive with while in Hawaii. He said that Capt Mike and his dive boat Enzo took a big chunk of his dive budget and was the most accommodating. My problem, I can't figure out what dive operator Captain Mike works with. I've found the boat Enzo mentioned with Diamond Head Divers, Pacific Paradise Divers and now AAA diving.

Is there more than one dive boat called the Enzo?
Is the Enzo a "charter boat", where you buy a seat on the boat to dive, or is it with only one dive operator?
Is Captain Mike still around, and if so, what dive operator is he with?

My husband and I are trying to figure out who to dive with while in Oahu. We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Villiage and will be diving in the afternoons when he gets off work. He gets off around 11:00 am each day. We like to dive with more bottom time versus deep dives and wrecks. The more to see the better. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many boat captains here sell seats to multiple dive shops. There are many more dive companies out here than there are boats. I don't know any specifics about Capt Mike, but i'm sure someone in the O'hana will.

IMHO, the best shallow water diving this time of year is on the North Shore. There are companies that do guided shore dives and at least one that does boat dives. It is a bit of a drive from where you are staying, but worth it for a couple days of diving.

Aloha,

NH

there are two boats named "enzo" one is owned by waikiki diving and the other that you are refering to is the enzo II bought by capt mike along with the dive company diamond head divers, he's still around and in the same harbor (kewalo)

Thanks that helps clear things up. Thanks for the info.

there are two boats named "enzo" one is owned by waikiki diving and the other that you are refering to is the enzo II bought by capt mike along with the dive company diamond head divers, he's still around and in the same harbor (kewalo)

Aloha all,

Ordinarily I do not respond to this sort of mindless nonsense but for some reason, some people (who don't know how to mind their own business) seem determined to undermine others in an attempt to boost their own agenda.

Here's my public statement for the record:
Diamond Head Divers is alive and well still conducting our dive tour business in Oahu, as we have for the past 20+ years Diamond Head Divers. Our Dive boat "Enzo" is temporarily out of passenger service (as all boats must be from time to time), our friends on the "Kahala Kai" dive boat are accomodating our customers and staff until we can get our boat back in service.

Any statements to the contrary are probably from some of our less scrupulous competitors trying to capitalize on the issue. I will not engage in any further banter on this issue in this or any other forum.

Mahalo,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom