Dive Boat Conception Missing Divers Relief Fund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a word for people like that but if I use it, I'll just get moderated.
The word is cynical. It is an unfortunate condition but treatable. I don’t think I will be moderated for saying so.

Just saw that Leisurepro has linked Chris’s GFM account on their FB page.
Our, not Chris's, I just set it up. It's the dive communities efforts and donations.

I had shared the DAN link on 1-2 diving groups on FB. Mods deleted it. They claim to be heartbroken about the loss of everyone in the fire, some of the victims had apparently been members of these groups, yet refuse to allow the link to the DAN fundraising effort. Unknown why.

I'm a member of at least one FB group whose Admin deleted the fundraiser and posted an explanation as to why, and it makes complete sense. This particular FB page serves a valuable and important function of analyzing Scuba Diving Accidents so divers are better prepared and less likely to repeat the mistakes of others. To open that page up to fund raisers would completely derail it from it's purpose and those valuable informative threads would probably get buried underneath boatloads of fundraising posts, many of which are questionable, some of which are outright scams.

People need to separate their emotions from common sense when it comes to things like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom