Dive Barton Springs Pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the work is being done in 6-8'. There are places in the pool down to 18'.

Viz was probably 60-80'. I didnt look at the temp, but it was probably about 68f. It felt like bath water since the air temp was in the 40's.

Hemlon:
So nothing will be on Saturday, Joe?

It sounded like they probably would be, you might want to check w/ Mack.

I am going to be out of town on Fri & Sat(so are several others in my group here in SA), so I am trying to get another work day set up for Sunday. Depending on Laurie's response when I talk to her I will post if we have spots open up for Sunday.

Another note to anyone that is able to go... You will go thru a lot of air really quick. Not only are you sucking a bunch of air hauling around thousands of pounds of rock, but you also use a bunch of your air to repeatedly fill the giant lift bags we are using. If you want to be in the water more than about 45 minutes you probably want to bring a 2nd tank.

I'd love to help ya out especially since I'll be down in Austin in a week or so to visit my sister. Unfortunately, I'm getting over a bad case of the flu and my Dr. said no diving for a couple more weeks. :(

I think they will be finished dredging on Friday, so I think Barton Springs diving is over...for a while at least. The Austin Biologist told me she is planning on doing a clean-up in early spring. I will post more details when she gets back to me in a couple of months.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom