Dive Bags...which type do you use.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frog

Reaction score
Hi there. Just got a pretty simple question for all the divers on the forums. Basically im looking for a large divebag for boat/rib diving so it needs to hold all my gear including dry suit and undersuit etc. I was considering either the Scubapro jumbo bag or the Scubapro super safari bag, or maybe one from Beaver sports. Any thoughts on this?......has any one perhaps even got these bags. I cant afford to spend much though so i have a limited budget, i want a bag costing no more than about 50-55 pounds ($70-77) Your advice is eagerly anticipated. Cheers

Frog,

For local boat diving, I bought a big, basic Oceanic dufflebag. Cost was about US$60. It has one separate zippered pocket on the end -- otherwise it is just a huge bag with one large compartment. Made of durable heavy/duty nylon. Has drain holes in the bottom.

This bag is probably not the best for airplane travel, given that it has no padding.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/Product.cfm?PL=bags&SL=meridan2

I have bought a great bag in Cozumel and didn't know the brand until I've found it on the Internet - it's the Mesh Wet Pack from Stahlsac:

http://www.stahlsac.com/front.html

Everything fits and it's very comfortable to carry (you can even carry it as a backpack)

Sue

I use a Mobbys dry bag and a rubber bin.About 18 gal for rec and about 35 gallons for tech.The bins double as a rinse bucket.This works so well all our friends do it to.They are stackable to take up less room.This probly wouldn't work on a charter tho.

I have a Wenoka Sea Style duffle bag that I use almost exclusively. It has 2 mask pockets on one end that are shaped just right for fitting masks w/cases, a pocket along one side that works great for gloves, lights, and other misc items, and a big compartment that holds all the rest of my gear. It will also easily fold up/roll up and stuff inside a suitcase for air travel. I bought it off Ebay for $30 in mint condition. I believe SeaQuest (SeaQuest now owns Wenoka) discontinued this exact bag, but they make one similiar for around $70. Or try Ebay, there are always boocoodles of bags for sale on there.

I bought an Armor roller dive bag from Performance for 109.99 bucks. I like the idea of using a hockey bag-they are quite industructible-but heavy as hell with all your dive equipment in them. You can get a big wheeeled Mares-Mares "Trolley" bag from DiveInn.com for about $110.00-and they are very nice.

As I've said on the board before, I can *highly* recommend the bags made by Quba sails (www.quba.com). They are made from reclaimed yacht sail material and have a massive nylon zip. They are virtually indestructable and you can have lettering put on them at no extra cost. Mine was £83. It has it's first trip abroad tomorrow (to Slovakia). I know the bag will be OK but I'll let you guys know about the trip when I return.

Last night, I got lucky to find a HUGE Akona brand Mesh bag with backpack straps, size zipper, and a "dry" pouch for $45 at my LDS. I practiced loading it up last night for my run to Clear Springs and I think it will be just fine for local diving and shorter boat trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom