Dive and Snorkel in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireMike

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello to all!
I'm new to SB but have been a longtime lurker.:wink: I will be in Hawaii in March and cruising on the Pride of America. My wife and I really want to dive but also want to take along my 9 y/o twins to snorkel. I have been trying to find shops that do both (and there are quite a few) but then figured I would just ask those in the know!! Any help will be appreciated. I have included our itinerary below. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

Sunday - Hilo - Arrive 8am, Depart 6pm
Monday/Tuesday - Maui(Kahului) - Arrive 8am, Depart 6pm next day
Wednesday - Kona - Arrive 8am, Depart 6pm
Thursday/Friday - Kauai - Arrive 8am, Depart 2pm next day

Are you wanting to have your children follow along with a guide, but still able to see you, or do you want to just spend the day at the same site with them?

Also, what's the earliest they'll let you off the boat on your second day on Maui?

Kris,
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your questions. I do not need my kids to follow us. My plan was to bring another non-diving adult along to keep an eye on them while we dived. As for when we can get off the boat on the 2nd day, I believe the ships move away from the dock during the night (I'm not sure about this) and then redocks in the AM. If that is correct then probably not until 8am. If this is incorrect (I am trying to get clarification) then I would assume we can leave any time.

Mike

Hi Mike,

It's unlikely you'll be able to get to any boat charters given that timeframe, but if you can find your way over to Kihei (via a rental car), you could do a shore-based dive with many operators (as long as they knew your time issues) or we can get together for a dive.

The Lahaina area is also a possiblity for you, but it's nearly three times as far as Kihei, so you'd have that much more travel time involved.

Back
Top Bottom