Dive and Golf rec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladyvalea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
New to diving and looking for a reasonable price Golf and Dive vacation...
My husband and son love golf and diving...so looking for a combo ... any suggestions?

Like a couple days of diving and surface interval of Golf !!thanks

New to diving and looking for a reasonable price Golf and Dive vacation...
My husband and son love golf and diving...so looking for a combo ... any suggestions?

Like a couple days of diving and surface interval of Golf !!thanks

this has been discussed here recently on the board...... but I will repeat the issue here. Golf and Diving don't mix. The fertilizer used to keep golf courses green are very very bad for the environment, especially sealife. So any golf course near an ocean is going to be killing the reef system. That is why most "prime" dive destinations do NOT have golf courses and fight to keep them out. It just isn't good for the diving. Look at places like Jamaica where the reef system is all but dead and fishlife has gone elsewhere. Okay, enough of my soapbox - as my husband who was looking over my shoulder just said to me....

There are places you can go for both diving and golf..... Hawaii is a big one, tons of golfing and diving. There are also several big resorts in the Riviera Maya area with both (check out Akumal, Playa del Carmen, Playacar...) and I think there are some in Grand Cayman but I don't know how far they are from the dive sites. There is also one small golf course on the north end of Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom