Dive alert recommendation? Experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a search but didn't find what I wanted so I'm posting here...

Ya' know the Dive Alert gizmo that makes a loud sound above water? Connects to the LP BCD inflator hose? I'd like to know from divers who own or have used one, what did they like or dislike about it and would they recommend buying one? Maintenance? I know there are different brands too...

I have an SMB and whistle and a strobe but think that a loud alert would be even better. Comments?

dd

I couldn't recommend Dive Alert more. It's a permanent part of my BC. I requires no extra maintenance other than rinsing it with my BC. The only similar product I'm aware of is the Aquatec Scub-Alert. It makes a quacking noise above and below the surface. But it's not loud enough on the surface. A review of both is available at Scuba Diving Magazine - Lost (And Found) At Sea

I have one, it is really, really loud. No maintenance other than rinsing. Other than the initial cost, it was a no-brainer. Seems to be built well.

I also carry a spare light, strobe (good only at night), whistle (almost useless, but cheap) and mirror (good only with sun and also cheap). I would not boat dive without this part of my kit. S--T happens, better to be prepared.

Take the warning on the box seriously too. Don't try it without ear protektion. It is loud.

I have two of them. Never go into any large body of water without it hooked up or in my pocket, Avoid the Divealert two however that is supposed to wrk above and below. To big, very unwieldy, and underwater annoying as heck. If you need underwater signalling device buy a seperate hammerhead if you want air power. Otherwise banging on the tank or rattle is cheaper and just as effective.

anyone try the version that can be used above and below water ? i guess below its the quacker thing and above the loud horn.

Thanks to everyone who posted with helpful info. I want to buy one now. Any particular online shop you would recommend for a Dive Alert? Best price?

see my above post Stu.
oops - missed it ! thanks. yeah, i had assumed they just stuck the 2 different ones together which would make it big (and i'd rarely want the underwater one anyhow....they can be annoying)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom