Dive Alert Lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is your Dive Alert (Pro) actuation lock pretty loose? Meaning the red lever that keeps it from sounding, not the attachment to the inflator hose.

I expected a little more positive of a 'lock'. Don't want to bother the seller if that's the way they all are but don't want to pay for a subpar one.

Thanks in advance,

-DC

It has a lock? Mine are pretty old and don't have any kind of locking mechanism. That must be in a newer design that the ones I have.

As long as it blows and make noise, I don't know that you need a lock.

I sent it back and bought the original version. The plus/pro model is much bigger and seems kinda janky. Original is what I was hoping for, hopefully it makes the right noises ha.

I sent it back and bought the original version. The plus/pro model is much bigger and seems kinda janky. Original is what I was hoping for, hopefully it makes the right noises ha.
Was this new or used? I’ve had a DA+ for several years. The lock functions as I feel it should on mine. It prevents accidental use, unlikely to be accidentally switched, and easy to switch when you want.

I also have an Aquatec Scub Alert that I got in a box of random Scuba stuff from a neighbor. No lock, and that seems to work fine as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom