Dive accident at Gilboa Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly:
I heard she was complaing of neck and back pain upon surfacing, and it was decided to be better safe than sorry.
You're right. I was on the dock when Mike radioed the office & told them to send an ambulance. With the symptoms that she had, he didn't want to take any chances.

scubapolly:
Not 30 seconds before the emergency vehicles showed up and the 'copter was circling over head I was telling my BOW class the importance of getting DAN insurance..... all 8 now have it.

Stef, were you there this weekend? I didn't see you.

Hi Polly, sorry...I have a really busy life ..work, daughter, school...............and I dove almost nothing this year.
I'm glad to hear your "voice"...how u doing???

bladephotog:
But I don't think Mike requires a specific registration for Stress and Rescue training. Usually though intstructors let others nearby know what they are doing and will use words different from "help" etc.

Glad the divers are doing well.

No there isn't any registrtion for stress&Rescue......but will be great if someone is coming with an idea, like a huge sign.
TODAY STRESS&RESCUE on platform #1......and another sign in the platform.

Azotino:
Hi Polly, sorry...I have a really busy life ..work, daughter, school...............and I dove almost nothing this year.
I'm glad to hear your "voice"...how u doing???

I've been busy too, so I feel your pain. I actually was diving at a DUI demo weekend last weekend in Virgina... Lake Rawlings. A lot of fun it was nice to go to one and (sorta) not have to work the event. Not quite the turn out at this one that we had at Gilboa.

Always busy under water....take care.
:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom