Dive accident at Gilboa Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually there was a Stress and Rescue Course this weekend.

2Cents:
I happened to be there as well as knowing the ones involved.

another, "glad to hear all is well" from Ohio...I dive Gilboa a few times in the summer.

As of yesterday, both of them are doing fine.

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I don't know if they require registration for that, but I know that they require a dive plan to be filed and followed for the deep end of the quarry. I dove there many times last summer and know that Mike seemed to run a very tight ship there.

Betail, The same thing happened to us on Sunday, we were walking down to platform #3 and a group was hauling a diver out of the water ... It was only after we started into "reaction" mode that we were told that this was just a drill. I'm glad there was no emergency but there needs to be some way of letting others know before hand...

CheatinDeath:
Glad to hear everyone is ok. I don't know if they require registration for that, but I know that they require a dive plan to be filed and followed for the deep end of the quarry. I dove there many times last summer and know that Mike seemed to run a very tight ship there.

The registration it is mandatatory for everyone, a dive plan its required for the deep side.

Not 30 seconds before the emergency vehicles showed up and the 'copter was circling over head I was telling my BOW class the importance of getting DAN insurance..... all 8 now have it.

Stef, were you there this weekend? I didn't see you.

I'm wondering what the trigger point was that prompted the ambulance call?

I heard she was complaing of neck and back pain upon surfacing, and it was decided to be better safe than sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom