DIVE 2003 - 15/16 Nov @ the NEC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But look on the bright side - if you owned a Ferrari your cambelt change would set you back about £5000... ;-0

Why not take the train? If you left on Saturday morning you might just make it to the NEC by Sunday tea time... :)

Anyway, as I mentioned, people are more than welcome to use my stand as a rendezvous point - stand number is 207 I think. Could be 209.

Nearly as good as wiping-out your motorbike at 70 mph?

Ironic thing was I was actully slowing down from 85mph to 70 as it was getting a bit windy.

The bike is in about 6 or 7 pieces and is a write off ... me? I am hobbling as my left knee is a balloon and my left arm has a nylon burn on it as I slid down the road. very minor injuries that will heal in a week ... never again will I even consider wearing anything but leather on my bike.

I now have a new one. The old one was a Suzuki GSX 750, the new one is a Suzuki 1200 Bandit. Cant live without a bike when travelling in London.

Well, I did actually want a GSX1300R (Hayabusa) (200mph, 0-60 3.2 secs) but the insurance company took one look at my application and laughed so hard that they needed to be taken to hospital. They quoted me £2500 Fully comprehensive

They said I would need to be over 50, living in Heaven, have 30 years no claims bonus and have been riding motorbikes since I was minus 12 ...
Maybe next year then?

So, sorry Jim, the Truk trip will have to wait until the year after

May I suggest a moped? :wacko:

The only accident I have ever had was driving over Putney Bridge about 10 years ago. I had a sneezing fit and drove into the back of the car in front of me. It was some clapped out Ford Orion and we bent the bumper back into place. Me? I did £3000 worth of damage to my car. Bugger.

One good thing that's come out of it is that, not being able to get a replacement secondhand 2.5 V6 for the Saab I've had to source a 3.0L instead. 40+ BHP increase and nearly 30% increase in torque. Should just about compensate for the weight of the twinset and a couple of Stoney burgers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom